This Best Bread Pudding is great for breakfast or dessert. It has a twist to it by using applesauce and is topped with a delicious sweet glaze.
This Best Bread Pudding is so simple, yet so easy to make. There is always time in the year for the Best Bread Pudding. It is the perfect leftover for morning breakfast, just heat it up and it will be so scrumptious. I love the flavor because it reminds me of fall.
Here are some helpful hints to make this Best Bread Pudding scrumptious.
- Other bread you can use to make bread puddings are Texas toast, Challah bread, white bread, French bread, artisan country bread, and leftover cinnamon rolls.
- Make sure you grease your baking dish, so you do not struggle to get any slice out.
- When pouring egg mixture, make sure your bread is covered in the mixture. If not then take a spoon and lightly press down on the bread so that it will soak up the egg mixture.
Here are some other breakfast recipes.
- On the Go Sausage Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
- Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
- Cowboy Brunch Casserole
- Ham and Veggie Breakfast Boats
- Breakfast Egg Muffins 3 Ways
Best Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf French bread (16 ounces)
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray. Cut or tear bread into small pieces. Place bread in dish and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, butter, milk, sugar, applesauce, cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Pour over the bread and saturate bread well. Press down any bread that is not covered in the egg mixture.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place in oven for 45-50 minutes. Let cool for ten minutes before icing.
In a small bowl whisk together powder sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Drizzle over bread pudding and serve.